Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time To Catch Up

Dear Friends,

I'm sorry that it's been a while since I last posted. That doesn't mean that we haven't been busy, in fact, quite the opposite!
We are continuing to work on the new space. Last Saturday the same group of kids that came the week before came again to continue with the painting. Let me just SHOUT to the world that these kids are FANTASTIC! This group of kids are dedicated to doing their best work and they inspire me to continue to do my best. Words can not express my deep gratitude to this group for adopting the Foster CARE Closet.
While this group of kids were working hard on the painting in the new space my son, Garrett and I were in Fremont, NE serving that community. During our time there we served over 20 wards of the state. This was our first time there and we couldn't have been more welcomed by the family we stayed with, Mary and Rick or the church that allowed us to use their facility, Calvary Baptist. Thanks for helping us feel at home!








The van "packed" for Fremont
Mary and Rick were a HUGE blessing! You also see the Pastor for Calvary Baptist talking with Rick.
A view of how we set up for on the road. In the back you see tables with items such as socks, shoes, blankets for our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment